Currently... November

I am linking up with Oh Boy Fourth Grade's Currently linky!
Let me begin by saying that I love this November paper!

Loving.... Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino!  Fortunately for my wallet, I love the one at our local gas station that only costs about a dollar when I bring my refillable cup! Mmmm... just thinking about it makes me want to hop in the car and grab a cup of that silky sweet goodness!

Thinking... I have to remember to move the clocks back tonight!  It's always a treat to get this extra hour of sleep, but it stinks knowing in the back of my mind that we have to give it back come next March!

Wanting... warm fall temperatures!  Thinking about the cold winter weather awaiting us makes me shiver!  Why does the ideal fall weather have to last for such a short period of time here in Iowa?  (Incidentally, I thought about writing "extra hours in the day" for this one.  Then I realized that I am being given an extra hour this weekend, and I plan to spend it sleeping!!)

Needing...  to show some self-control.  There is a cornucopia of candy sitting just 10 feet away from me right now- Snickers, Milky Way, Reese's, 100 Grand (my favorite!)... eeks!  My friend mentioned that we can take the candy stash to the dentist office, and they will pay us for it... but I just don't think I have the willpower to make that trip!

Reading...  Christmas Around the World by Brenda Trunkhill.  (I'm researching for my next set of partner plays!)  I LOVE reading about the traditions of other cultures, so I am finding this book fascinating!

I'll be back on Monday for my Anchors Away anchor chart linky!  I hope you will join me!


  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I totally forgot about the extra hour of sleep! Holy thank you! You seriously made my day!

    I also love my local gas station coffee! It helps make my day go by a little smoother, and my wallet not hate me for my daily fill up!

    Happy Fall!
    Lessons With Coffee 

  2. Oh, I'm with you on those fall temperatures! I fear that we will have an intense winter this year! I only had 10 trick or treaters last there is a whole bag of chocolate sitting on my coffee table...I've only had 2 pieces today! I'm not sure how that is possible.

    Thriving in 3rd

  3. MMMMM! That pumpkin spice cappuccino sounds delicious!!
    Beyond The Gradebook

  4. Oh, 100 Grands are my weakness too. This week, I did little candy bags for each of my students. I had a secret stash of 100 Grands that I grabbed and included in their bags. I knew I had to get it out of there when I ate one at 9am last week. Sugar is certainly my weakness.

    You can send all your cold weather to Virginia. I know I'm crazy, but I miss it! We're finally getting some cooler weather here and I am one happy lady!

    Mrs O Knows

  5. Pumpkin spice cappuccino? That sounds INCREDIBLE. I drink Starbucks PS lattes regularly this time of year!

    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

  6. Yes, I too drink gas station drinks. My good luck is that with my own cup it costs 60 cents. What a deal! And it tastes good. Happy sleeping in!

  7. Train whistles... make that a definitive YES for me! I have lived next to a train track all my life. I don't always "hear" them but when I do they ALWAYS make me smile! My dad worked for the railroad so they also remind me of him.

    Yeah, about that candy?!?! I didn't hand any out this year as I had to be away from the house during trick-or-treat, so I was tempted to bring some home from school since there was a TON of leftovers, but I resisted. I know myself too well. If it had been here at home with me it would be gone!

    Did the girls have a good time trick-or-treating? How did their costumes go over? They looked so cute in the pic you shared on IG.

    Have a great week,

  8. Hi Deb! Your coffee makes me want to head out and get one, too! Yum! Good luck with all of the leftover candy! :o
    Heather from Mrs. Renz’ 4th Grade Class