Currently- September 2014

I am linking up with Oh Boy Fourth Grade's Currently linky for the first time ever!  I have always enjoy reading everybody else's Currently posts, but for one reason or another, it has never worked out for me to post one of my own.  This month, however, I made it a priority!

Listening... Brooke is sitting next to me watching this movie on the Ipad.

Loving.... It works out for me to pick up Kayla and Brooke from school for the first time ever, and I LOVE IT!  I look forward to hearing about their days... this appears to be a chatty time for them when they want to tell me all the details of their school day.  They are in 2nd and 4th grade, so I know this desire to share with Mom will not last forever- I have to take advantage of this while I can!

Thinking... I really enjoyed writing the various partner plays for my two big bundles that I recently posted.  But now I am ready to move on to a new project.  The big decision is what I should tackle first... a PowerPoint?  A craftivity?  I guess I'll see what strikes me when I wake up tomorrow and look at my long, long list of ideas!

Wanting... I read Kimberly Geswien's blog post about her treadmill work station.  Now I want one!  Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to walk at a relaxing pace and work at the same time?  (I have to admit, I'm sitting a lot these days.  And I just turned 40.  I've heard stories about metabolism slowing down after 40...)  Sad to say, my husband didn't agree that it would be that worthwhile of an investment (and I had to agree once I saw the prices of them!), so this item will remain on my wish list.

Needing...  I have been hit hard by the mosquitos this year.  It's bad.  Really bad.  I can't remember ever reacting like this before.  The bitten areas turn into big red welts, and the itching does not stop for about two days straight.  These bites are keeping me up at night!!  I've tried about every trick listed on the Internet (I've been up in the middle of the night searching for relief), and most of the ideas don't seem to work for me.  I've had the best luck with toothpaste! I'm trying to get used to my new bug spray "perfume".  I don't know why I bother with the bug spray, though.  I've been getting bites even with the bug spray!

Three trips... I'd love to leave cold Iowa and go to Hawaii some February.
My sister and I traveled in Europe right before I got married.  Troy has never been there, though, so I really want to go back with him.
New York sounds fun.


  1. A treadmill work station sounds so intriguing! I used physical activity with my students a lot while working on tasks, it helps them think a lot better too!

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

  2. Welcome to Currently! You should see the huge Canadian mosquito bites! LOL! I love New York sooooooo much! I would be happy to just stand on the sidewalk and stare up at the buildings. I just love being there. Have a great rest of the week!
    Grade 4 Buzz