Singular and Plural Possessive Nouns Anchor Chart | Crafting Connections
Receive tips, freebies, and resource updates when you subscribe to my newsletter!

Singular and Plural Possessive Nouns Anchor Chart

Monday, July 21, 2014
This anchor chart is designed to help students remember how to use the apostrophe to show ownership for singular and possessive nouns.
Compare and contrast singular possessives and plural possessives with this anchor chart.
The adorable bee clip art images are by Michael Rawls.
The girl image is by the talented From the Pond.

If you have followed my other Anchors Away posts, you already know that I often design my anchor charts to match other activities I do with my students.  (I believe this helps students build connections and retain the huge amount of new learning they encounter each day!)

I created these two PowerPoints using the BEE theme. Click on the images below to check them out!

Singular Possessives: A PowerPoint lesson with 49 slides! It includes many practice opportunities!


Plural Possessives: A PowerPoint lesson with 48 slides! Students have many opportunities to identify the correctly formed possessive noun. It also includes a review of singular possessive nouns.

Both PowerPoints come with a worksheet companion so that students can follow along and be totally engaged in the PowerPoint presentations!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Deb

4 comments:

  1. I love your anchor chart! Teaching possessive nouns gets tricky for many students. I have your Power Points on my wish list. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5/6th graders struggle with possessives so much, mixing up when/how to use the apostrophe. I grabbed your powerpoints a while back and can not wait to use them with my kiddos. I downloaded the game that you recommended. I can always use some fun practice for my students in this area! THANKS!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this anchor, Deb! Pinned to use with my kiddos! Thank you!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top