Happy Friday!
My Halloween and Christmas-themed Readers' Theater BUNDLE resources were quite popular at my TpT store...so of course I had to create a BUNDLE for the beloved Valentine's Day holiday, too!  Like the other two, this BUNDLE includes multiple scripts, so students can be separated into groups to practice and prepare for a performance for their classmates at the end of the week.
As I've mentioned before, I find that most upper elementary students love having the opportunity to perform for others, and take on their assigned role with a determination to do it justice!  I find it quite entertaining to see them get into their parts... changing their voices and creating facial expressions to depict a whining child, a scolding parent, or an instructing teacher!  (That can be humbling to hear sometimes!)

While the BUNDLE is great for a class-wide activity, there are a number of things that can be done with a single script, too!  With that in mind, I created a FREEBIE with one of the four scripts included in the Valentine's Day Reader's Theater Bundle.  You can use this script as a literacy center.  Five students can read the script together and then be tasked with completing all sorts of different things - perhaps you want them to create a plot diagram for the script they just read... maybe you want them to take note of character traits... the options are endless!  I've included two optional worksheets with the freebie, but there are so many more opportunities beyond that.

So, enjoy the freebie!  I'd love to hear how YOU decide to use it in your classroom.

I've linked up this freebie to Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday.  For more great freebies from other bloggers, stop by!  I've linked this post there and there are lots of other great freebies to check out, too!
Freebie Fridays

Just two reminders - - -
First, if you missed Wednesday's post, keep reading!  There's a giveaway that's still open!

Second, make sure you stop by on Sunday...I think you'll be glad you did!


  1. I am diggin' your Valentine items, Deb! Thanks for sharing this FREEBIE. I just picked up your heart plot craftivity as well! Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for St. Patrick's Day.

    BTW, I mentioned you in my Five for Friday post...

    Have a great weekend!

  2. I love reader's theater! They are so good for fluency and a lot of fun! I especially love holiday themed ones! Thank you for the freebie!

    Eclectic Educating