tone task cards, tone craftivity, mood craftivity, and nonfiction text structure task cards were all created during our 40 hours in the van. (Thank goodness for electronic games, the DVD player and the occasional bribe- my daughters were pretty content during the entire trip!) I am excited to use all of the items I worked on next year with my 5th grade classes!
By looking at the Nonfiction Text Structure task cards, one can identify elements of our family vacation! Task card topics include the following:
- BEARS (My daughters were hoping to see a bear... I was hoping NOT to see one!)
- FRENCH FRIES (We passed a lot of McDonald's restaurants along the road, and yes, we stopped at a few of them!)
- WILDFIRES (Who knew there were so many dead trees in Yellowstone?)
- BIKES (There seem to be many biking enthusiasts in Montana! We passed a lot of them!)
- THE GRAND CANYON (I couldn't resist including this topic, as this will hopefully be a vacation destination in the near future!)
- GLACIERS (A tribute to our visit to Glacier National Park.)
There are several examples of these types of paragraphs:
Compare and Contrast
Cause and Effect
Problem and Solution
|This is my favorite photo from the trip!|
We got to play in snow (in July!?!?) ,
while our friends back home were sweating in the extreme heat that week.
With school starting in just over a week, I'm sure we'll have "mountains" of white snow before we know it! Stay cool!
P.S. If you haven't already...time is running out for entering my raffle giveaway! Again, one winner will receive my I Have...Who Has Game BUNDLE ($25 value)! Sign up today!
a Rafflecopter giveaway